

Article 1794 of comp.lang.postscript:
Path: mimsy!tank!uxc!csd4.milw.wisc.edu!mailrus!ames!haven!vrdxhq!bdmrrr!rlgvax!smadi
>From: [email-masked] (Smadi Paradise)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript
Subject: Re: v17i080:  Fancy-printers for common languages.
Summary: Posted to comp.sources.unix
Keywords: pps slide
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Feb 89 20:37:56 GMT
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (On Paradise)
Followup-To: comp.sources.d
Organization: a guest of Computer Consoles Inc, Reston VA 22091
Lines: 17

The Pps fancy printer for PostScript devices which has just been
posted in comp.sources.unix (Volume 17, Issue 80; Archive-name: pps).
Pps handles C, awk, sh, lisp, mail, PostScript and English; adding more
languages is simple.

Pps is almost as fast as plain text-to-PostScript filters, so some
people here use it daily for source-code listing.  Most of the work is
done by the printer: Unix just separates the input into tokens, using
different lex(1) programs for each language.

Slide does the same, but ``expands'' the output to fit over a full
page. This is useful for making overhead projection transparencies.

Both pps and slide run on Sun, Vax, Gould, CCI, RT and other BSD
machines; they used to cope with SVR2, but that was a long time ago.

On (a guest of uunet!rlgvax!smadi) Paradise