Subject: Remember that strange idea I was trying to find words for

From: Don Hopkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 87 02:24:10 EST

...of being able to choose from a pie menu in either of two ways:

a) click down, move, click up
    or
b) click down, click up, move, click down, click up

After realizing that stroking and sticky menus probably would not
go over very well, I came up with:

a) dmu selection
b) dumdu selection

...You can even pronounce them while you're doing them, sustaining
the mmmmm for as long as you're moving. Here's how I'd pronounce them:

a) [click down] d [move] mmmmmmmmm [click up] uh
b) [click down] d [click up] uh [move] mmmmmmmmm [click down] d [click up] uh

Both techniques are perfectly compatible with each other, and you can
even interchanging between the two freely when traversing nested
menus.

And of course, dudu means no selection.

	-Don

	When traversing nested menus, the selection is made upon the
	mouse up, and the next menu put up centered there. Upon the
	next mouse down, the mouse is warped back to the center of the
	menu. Be careful how this interacts with the mouse-ahead menu
	supression feature, and possible menu repositioning. Only warp
	if the mouse up is not already in the queue!