

Article 1680 of comp.cog-eng:
Path: mimsy!haven!ames!ncar!boulder!uswat!jima
>From: [email-masked] (Jim Alexander)
Newsgroups: comp.cog-eng
Subject: CHI'91 Call for Videos
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 90 17:16:21 GMT
Sender: [email-masked]
Organization: US WEST Advanced Technologies, CO, USA
Lines: 60

                                CHI'91 
                             Video Program
                         Call for submissions

>From the general CHI'91 Call for Participation ...

"The annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems is the
leading forum for bringing together the wide variety of people concerned
with the different aspects of human interaction with computing systems:
analysts, engineers, applied researchers, basic researchers, managers, 
teachers, and students.  And, the CHI community expresses interest in all 
phases of technology development and use: research, requirements analysis, 
innovation, exploratory development, design, prototyping, full-scale 
development, deployment, usage and social impact.  The CHI conference 
activities and the publications that come from it provide a number of 
vehicles for communicating the latest thinking on these issues."

One of the primary vehicles for communicating the "latest thinking" at
CHI is the technical video track. We encourage you to begin working on a
video now for CHI'91. Videos should be submitted by October 1, 1990.

Technical videos are a remarkably effective tool for communicating new and 
important ideas to the CHI community.  Because of this, videos will play a 
major role at the CHI'91 conference. In addition to the traditional CHI
video program, CHI'91 videos will be included in the technical sessions and 
the video proceedings which will be for sale at the conference.  For this 
program we need videos with both important new ideas and good production 
quality. If you have something exciting, we encourage you to submit a video 
showing your work. 

Submit one tape in 1/2 inch VHS or 3/4 inch U-matic format. Include a cover 
sheet with the title, names and addresses of the authors (mail, telephone and 
electronic mail address), affiliations, the topic area(s) from the general 
CHI'91 call, a 100 word abstract, and the length of the tape.

All submissions received by <October 1, 1990> will be considered for 
inclusion in the main CHI program. Late submissions may be considered for 
other uses at CHI'91. Send all video submissions to:

	James H. Alexander
	CHI'91 Video Chair                           Phone: (303) 740-1561
	U S WEST Advanced Technologies	             E-Mail: [email-masked]
	6200 S. Quebec Street #320
	Englewood, Colorado 80111

In order to help people create better videos we have developed a set of
guidelines. Please write for a copy of the CHI video guidelines.
Questions via mail or e-mail will be gladly answered.

CHI'91 will be April 28 through May 2, 1991 in New Orleans.  If you have any 
general questions about the CHI conference or are interested in
contributing to the conference in a media other than video, please contact 
the CHI'91 Executive Administrator and ask for the general Call for
Participation:

	June Davis                    Phone:  (301) 269-6801
	Conference and Logistics Consultants
	13 Annapolis Street
	Annapolis, MD 21401