

Article 315 of comp.theory.cell-automata:
Path: mimsy!haven!ames!think!mintaka!bloom-beacon!LANL.GOV!cgl%cardinal
>From: [email-masked] (Chris Langton)
Newsgroups: comp.theory.cell-automata
Subject: CAM-6 availability
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Feb 90 02:35:05 GMT
Sender: [email-masked] (Wizard A. Root)
Distribution: inet
Organization: The Internet
Lines: 54

Well, well, well...somebody finally asked...here goes...

FLAME-ON!

The company producing the CAM-6 does not give a flying &*%%$
about the CAM-6, selling it, customer satisfaction, or the
customer, for that matter. I ordered mine in Sept 86 and was
told "30 days". After 12 monthly episodes of "30-days..."
with some lame excuse or another, I threatened to get up
in fron of a conference of 150 people I had organized and needed
the board for and tell them never to do any business with
System's Concepts. The president told me to go ahead and hung-up
on me, but the next day I received the board by FED-EXP.

Forget System's concepts, but don't forget the board - it is
really a nicely done piece of equipment, and Toffoli and Margolis
deserve a lot of credit for designing it. They have realized
that they made a mistake in letting Systems Concepts produce it
and have essentially severed relations with them. A newer
version of the board will be produced shortly by Automatrix,
a newly formed company in New York. Contact David Hiebeler
at "[email-masked]" for further information.

It took a threat to get it after a year when System's Concepts
was promising 30 days - imagine how long it will take - and
what kinds of threats will be required - to get it if they are
claiming 1 year. Although there were some good, civil people
working for the company, ost of them have been driven off,
and the president - Mike Leavet - is just not worth the trouble...

Dollars to donuts that an order to Automatrix will come through
before an order to System's concepts, and - hey - we might
as well support people who care about their customers rather
than butt-holes who couldn't care less about us...

FLAME-OFF...

guess that button was waiting to be pushed for a while!

Yours in livelier computing...

Cheers!

Chris Langton

Center for Nonlinear Studies		Phone: 505-667-1444
MS B258					Email: [email-masked]
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA
87545